Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

No-Bake: Peanut Butter Pie


Utter the word peanut butter and I’m there . . . and chocolate?  Sure, why not!  This no bake pie caught my attention for no other reason than the fact that peanut butter pies are delicious and no-bake recipes are easy-breezy.  

Mac and I will be doing dinner with friends this evening and I might just have enough time to prepare after work before people start to gather.  I am thinking I might modify this recipe just a hair and add a smear of peanut butter and/or chop up some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and put them the bottom?  Who doesn't like a gooey, unexpected surprise when eating dessert?  

Plus, this pie is a reduced-fat version and so I’m allowed to eat at least a third of it myself without the assistance of others (and if no one is looking, I might just eat it straight out of the pan . . .)    

Alright, here’s the recipe:

Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1/10 • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 216.8 • Fat: 6.4 g • Protein: 2.9 g • Carb: 32.9 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Sugar: 16.7g
Sodium: 94.6 mg
 

Ingredients
  • 5 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/3 cup Better n Peanut Butter
  • 8 oz fat free frozen whipped topping, thawed (or truwhip for healthier option*)
  • reduced fat graham cracker pie crusts
  • 3 tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup
Directions
Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together in a medium bowl.  
Mix in Better 'n Peanut Butter and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
Spoon into graham cracker pie shell; cover, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2-3 hours. Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Update my friends:

    I made this pie and it was delicious; however, I did "un-skinny" it! Haha, I followed the directions i.e. non-fat, fat free ingredients. However, I found myself getting a little ambitious by adding a DOUBLE layer of chocolate ganache to the mix. Oh my! And it was Ghirardelli chocolate, too. Needless to say it tasted like an extra large Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

    I highly recommend this recipe and even though I trashed its "skinny" intentions the pie was easy to make and completely fool-proof. A perfect entertaining dish.

    I'll keep this one on the books.

    ReplyDelete

LATEST POSTS