Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kombucha

Cherry Chia Kombucha
Oh hey, blog.  Nice to see you, again.  I’ve seen I’ve neglected you, again.  I am sorry and I offer my sincerest apologies. 

Okay, so what’s new in the life of Rachel?  Not too much I’d say.  I am so happy spring has officially arrived.  With a trace of color on my skin, I am happy to report I have been incorporating pastels into my wardrobe like its my j-o-b and the pastel colors make me feel extra feminine and youthful (not a bad combo, eh?).  Mixing the pastel pieces with bold bright hues has been a fun way to remix my spring closet.  Statement necklaces have continued to inspire me and my collection seems to be growing at an exponential rate.

Also, I have discovered a deep obsession for drinking Kombucha (ancient fermented tea elixir).  I started writing a blog post on my love for Kombucha last week but I didn’t have the motivation to finish and post it, oops!  So maybe I’ll do a brief recap here and now to get the whole thing over with.

Bottom line: I highly recommend the GT’s Synergy Kombucha.  My favorite flavors are: Cosmic Cranberry, Gingerade and my beloved Cherry Chia.  Kombucha offers a multitude health benefits including: increased energy levels, a decreased appetite, an aid in digestion, healthier skin and hair, and even a stronger immune system.  Be careful, this product is dangerously addicting. Also, I do know a few people who have had adverse reactions to this product and I do believe this product is a natural diuretic, so be easy if you are a Kombucha virgin!  Also, many of the flavors (especially the originals) are fermented; therefore, do not shake before opening unless you are prepared to be sprayed. 

My favorite flavor, as mentioned above, is the Cherry Chia.  The Chia flavors contain chia seeds and come in three delicious flavors (grape, raspberry and cherry).  The chia seeds bring their own added health benefits to the already healthy beverage.  Drinking the Chia Kombucha is similar to sipping on liquid Jello—it is that much fun!  The consistency of the tea is so fun and enjoyable to drink.  What more?  The chia seed is a nutrient-rich super food that provides sustained energy for your body.  How so?  The chia seed is packed with more than 8 times the omega-3’s found in salmon and contains more antioxidants than blueberries and more fiber than oatmeal.  A truly incredible super food, indeed.

Try GT’s Synergy Kombucha at your local supermarket or natural health foods grocer.  Safeway offers a large selection at an affordable price (around $3 a bottle).  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE kombucha and GT's is my favorite brand. The guy who makes GT's explains on the website how his mom drank Kombucha religiously and her breast cancer miraculously disappeared. Not sure if this is a direct correlation between the drink and the cancer, but I'm sure it at least helped! Never heard of the Chia flavors, I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete

LATEST POSTS