Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pony Tail


Try it yours
Ah yes, the pony tail.  I don’t know if it is the dry Arizona climate or just the fact that I forget to “put my hair up” from day to day (with the exception of working out, doing chores or running errands on the fly).  Of course, there is no better feeling then getting hair off the back of your neck after a long day at work but in terms of everyday styling; I’ve totally neglected the up-do.  Until, recently, of course! 

I think it was the sock bun that inspired me to start pulling my hair back more often.  Or maybe it is a seasonal thing, as the weather gets warmer?  Hence, I am going to share with you my most favorite pony-tail style.  I don’t know the exact name of this style but hopefully the pictures and my attempt below at giving directions will fill in all the blanks.

Pony-tail style guide:
  1. Absolutely, do not do this pony-tail with freshly washed hair.  You will want some dirty product in your hair to give the pony some texture and volume.  Although, do as you wish.
  2. Tease your crown.  You are going to want some volume at the crown of your head and if you have bangs, give them a little bit of a tease, too.  I tease my hair almost everyday, so this step comes naturally for me.  If you prefer an absolutely sleek look, go for it.  I think this style is fool proof.
  3. Lightly brush over the teased mess you have created with a soft-bristle round brush.  You will just want to smooth over what rats-nests you may have created.  Spray with a firm hold hair spray (or whatever you prefer) to keep the shape.
  4. Let the hairspray dry completely and gather your hair effortlessly half way between the center of the back of your head and the bottom of your hair line.
  5. Secure with a nylon hair tie (or whatever hair tie you typically use).  Slightly tease the bunch of hair that is now your pony tail for added volume.
  6. You are going to gather one of the longer strands of hair falling from your pony tail (closest to your scalp).  Make sure you’ve got a good handle on the bunch of hair and begin to wrap it around the base of the pony tail (where the hair tie sits).  Wrap the hair around until it exhausts itself.  Secure and tuck the strands underneath the pony tail with two bobby pins.
  7. Spray your head as you feel necessary with extra hair spray and presto—you are done!
The whole process takes about 5 minutes, max (even though my directions could be interpreted as longer then that).    

This look is uber chic, totally glamorous and wicked easy to pull-off in a hurry.  Hail to the pony tail gods, this look is fabulous!

1 comment:

LATEST POSTS