Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shades of Gray


Shower Curtain
Bathroom Concept
No, I am not talking about my mood or the popular book series.  But, rather my obsession with the color gray in regards to home décor. 

Recently, I've been adoring (most) shades of gray in a major way; especially when showcased in the home!  Gray is obviously a neutral color but don’t mistake gray as being boring or drab.  I believe the color to be super chic when paired with crisp classic white or other subtle neutrals such as beige or other neutral pastel colors. 

Gray can also stand as the perfect back splash for accent colors such as: canary yellow, ocean blue or an electrifying magenta.  While the color gray may ordinarily be perceived as uninteresting; quite the opposite is true if executed properly.  Meaning, you can leverage the color to be as dramatic or simplistic as you are comfortable going with.

To me, the color gray creates an atmosphere of both peace and tranquility (both attributes I value within a dwelling space).  The deeper the shade, the more dramatic (obviously) your space will feel.  Is your abode in need of some trendy, yet timeless flair? 

Try a shade of gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST POSTS