Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lenscrafters

                                                       

Coach eyeglasses - Lenscrafters
       
I made a new eyeglass purchase this weekend, horray! This was my first experience buying eyeglasses from Lenscrafters and I have been more than happy with the whole experience. Bonus: I was lucky enough to have my parents with me to help pick out the perfect pair!

I was impressed by Lenscrafters in the following way(s):

Frame selection.  They carry so many stylish frames to choose from.  Some brand highlights: Coach, Tiffany’s, Ray Ban, Prada, Burberry, Tory Burch, and the list goes on. Also, during the frame selection process, they have cameras to snap photos of you with the frames on your face; providing both a front and side profile image.  This is a major bonus to help you select your favorite and most complimentary frame.

Price.  They seem to have competitive pricing relative to the quality of product.  They offer a discounted product with boutique-style experience.  It's quite nice! They take a variety of insurance plans and offer  discounts for members of AAA and AARP.  Watch out for sales!

Friendly sales staff.  The sales staff made my experience very enjoyable.  There was no “bait and switch” activity happening (which can often happen in these purchasing environments).  They appeared to maximize the use of my medical benefits by calculating different pricing and promotional alternatives to get me out the door with the best possible price. The sales associate that helped me even walked me to the door at the end of our appointment (a very sweet gesture).

Quick production.  My glasses were finished to perfection in less than 8 hours.  Need I say more?

Technology.  Lenscrafters is the only retail optical store that utilizes a high-tech system to accurately fit frames to your face (private or boutique stores also use the same technology).  They pop out the plastic showroom lenses and apply the frames to a sensor mount and then apply the frames to your face and then take a picture.  The sensors sync with computer software making sure the lenses/frames are in the accurate spot.  If I can remember correct, the system can measure up to a tenth of a millimeter in accuracy!

Insurance coverage.  You can buy insurance coverage that protects your purchase for up to a year.  Their policy covers all damages except for being lost or stolen.  Upon damage you pay $25 to get a completely new pair of glasses.  So, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can do a direct exchange within 90 days of purchase (frames, lens quality, etc.).  Talk about being covered. 

Needless to say I highly recommend Lenscrafters for your next eyeglass or prescription sunglass purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST POSTS